Greentea Operating System
Warm and cozy, open-source operating system compatible with existing apps and games
Greentea is an operating system based on open source code. The main idea of the project is to create a compatible environment for the existing software as fast and as qualitatively as possible and provide the user with the best experience with a personal computer.
Content rating 0+
- Frequently asked questions
- How to leave feedback or bug report
- How to edit wiki-pages
- How to download the latest version of the system
- How to install the system on your computer
- Code of conduct
Developer and contributor guide
Building, testing and enjoing development:
- Build whole system
- Build within Ubuntu, macOS, and other Linux/BSD/unix-like systems
- Running in VirtualBox
- Recommended tools
- Roadmap and goals
- Create bootvid-compatible bitmaps (not useful)
- How to contribute a Pull Request (PR or patch)
- x86-64/AMD64 support
- Continuous integration and nightly builds
- Translation and localization
- Using Git and GitHub
- Repositories distinction
What makes Greentea so special
- The GreenteaFS file system
- Enhanced use of the Vulkan API
- Emulation of other operating systems
- Shop for applications, games and other content
- Using web-alike technologies to build native apps
- Monolithic rolling-release updates of the system
- Unified control panel
- X86 emulation on third-party platforms
- Built-in protection mechanisms (antivirus, stability, isolation and snapshots)
- Hexa programming language
- Custom build system
BEWARE! DO NOT INSTALL ON A PC! USE VIRTUAL MACHINES! GREENTEA IS UNSTABLE SOFTWARE!
Issues and Proposals
Visit out Issues section to dive into development process! You are free to read and share anything important (well, actually bugs), but talking in chatrooms is in prefer.
System’s source code is hosted inside Tofita repository. Feel free to make pull requests!
OS Greentea itself is being mostly a GPL project. We are using some parts from other open source projects as well. No proprietary code allowed or in use.
If you found any code which violates GPL, then please open issue! IT WILL BE REMOVED TO ENSURE GPL CONFORMANCE.
If yours country law disallows use of some parts of the project or has another problem, then DO NOT USE OR DISTRIBUTE binary builds or source code. Open issue instead!
This project is done by a broad variety of people. To discuss legal issues contact developers directly.
We do not support piracy, modification of unlicensed copies, and modifications that violate license agreement.
Other trademarks, names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.